Montag, 21. Februar 2011

Review: Colette Patterns - Lady Grey Coat

CIMG2459

Pattern Description:


This is a pattern for a short coat. It´s flared with 3/4 sleeves.

Pattern Sizing:

I made the smallest size, if I remember correct. It´s still a bit big at my breast. You really feel this is made for big boobs.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Surprinsingly yes. I had not thought I would get it right, but it looks really good. I skipped the belt, but everything else looks just like the pictures.

Were the instructions easy to follow?

This was my first coat, but I had no problems to follow the instructions. Great work, Colette! Only working with this wool fabric was a bit difficult.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I love the shape of the coat. It´s so feminine and has this touch of vintage fashion without looking old-fashioned. I got so many compliments on my coat.

Fabric Used:

Wool fabric

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

I only made no belt.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

I think I will not make this again soon. It´s so much work. But if you plan to make a coat I really recommend this pattern.

Conclusion:


I love my coat. This pattern was really great to work with. Try it!

You can get the pattern here.

Coat at Burdastyle with more photos.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen