Sonntag, 1. Mai 2011

What I made in April 2011

Fashion brand community - poupeegirl

40s Sundress

Fabric
: Yellow and white striped quilting cotton
Pattern:
Vintage Advance 4904
Time to complete:
5 hours
First worn:
April 2011
Wear again?
Defintely yes

The sewing was a bit frustrating, because the size was much too big. Don´t know why. It was my size, but somehow it didn´t fit at all. But after I changed it, it was wearable. It looks quite nice worn with a belt. Unfortunately the belt I used left stains on the fabric. Sorry for the bad picture, but my dolly is a bit bigger than me and I just couldn´t get it on. Hopefully I can make some worn photos soon.

Fashion brand community - poupeegirl

Emmeline Apron

Fabric
: Gingham
Pattern:
Sew Liberated 103
Time to complete:
2 hours

I was inspired by the Sew Weekly Apron week and had to make one too. Unfortunately I don´t really wear aprons so I fear this will only hang somewhere.

Fashion brand community - poupeegirl

40s Dress

Fabric
: Polyester
Pattern:
Vintage Simplicity 2907
Time to complete:
7 hours
First worn:
April 2011
Wear again?
Defintely yes

The only thing I hated while sewing was the fabric. It´s so slippery. Generally I hate polyester, but the print was so nice I couldn´t resist. I like the outcome. It´s also comfortable to wear. Photos worn were posted here. Maybe I make this someday again in a better fabric.

Fashion brand community - poupeegirl
Fashion brand community - poupeegirl
Fashion brand community - poupeegirl

Blouses

Fabric
: Cotton and Polyester
Pattern:
Ottobre 2/2011 Nr. 9
Time to complete:
each 2 hours
First worn:
April 2011
Wear again?
Defintely yes

This was the pattern of the month. The first was a spontan project. I bought the fabric originally for my Emmeline apron, but then changed my mind. After I made this I remembered my 40s fabric I was not sure what to make with. The buttons of this are vintage too. And I have a matching hat and lipstick.
The third is made of the leftovers of my 40s dress. I like to get rid of leftovers as soon as possible, because I have no more room in my fabric stash.
I like to wear these blouses. They have a vintage feeling, look elegant, but also casual. They are also comfortable for work.

Fashion brand community - poupeegirlFashion brand community - poupeegirl

Necklaces

Fabric
: Cotton
Pattern:
Online
Time to complete:
each 1/2 hours

The brown one I made for my Mom as a birthday present. I hope she liked it. Of course I had to make one for myself too. So I used the leftovers of the apron. These necklaces are really easy to make and also fast.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen