Mittwoch, 5. März 2014

Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell

DSC_3678

 I got this book by my Mom and was at first not sure if I really wanted to read it. But I am really glad I did, because this was really entertaining.

The main character of the book is Molly, who lives in a little English town in the 1830s. It is the story of her growing up to a young woman with all the challenges life has to offer, first love, broken heart and the loss of a loved one. The book is mostly about the characters, their habits and development, not about the story. There is not so much that happens, but you get a good insight at the character's feelings. I really enjoyed the book, despite it being very long. Molly is very a likeable person. She is a nice and loveable character, but not perfect. I hate characters which are all good and clever and pretty and so on. Molly is nice and she is clever, but she is no super-human. She has her flaws and so is a very real character.

I would give this book 5/5 stars.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen